All Sime domestic boilers are manufactured and supplied with a Standard 12-month Warranty. This standard offer includes parts and labour within the appliance. Flue systems and external Sime accessories such as time programmers are not covered under the boiler warranty. In the event of failure within the first 12 months, components and accessories supplied and fitted externally to your Sime appliance must be returned to your original supplier along with proof of purchase for replacement.
During the period of the warranty we will, at our discretion, repair or replace a boiler free of charge where it suffers a mechanical or an electrical breakdown as a result of defective workmanship or materials, subject to the following conditions and exclusions:
- The boiler must have been installed by a registered Gas Safe installer and commissioned in accordance with the guidelines in the installation and servicing booklet provided with the boiler. The validity of the installer’s Gas Safe registration number will be checked in all cases.
- The boiler must be registered with Gas Safe and the Warranty Registration Card completed and returned to Sime Ltd within 30 days of installation.
- The “Benchmark” commissioning checklist within the Installation and Servicing manual must be completed by the installer and left with the boiler for reference purpose.
- The warranty will commence from the date of installation (up to a maximum of 24 months from the date of manufacture as detailed on the appliance data plate). Without proof of purchase, i.e. an invoice, the warranty will commence from the date of manufacture as detailed on the appliance data plate.
- To qualify for the additional years of any warranty offered the boiler must be serviced every 12 months, within 30 days of the anniversary of the installation date, by either Sime Ltd or a Gas Safe registered engineer, ensuring that the “Benchmark” service record in the installation manual is completed.
- If the boiler suffers a mechanical or an electrical breakdown Sime should be contacted on the following number: UK: 0345 901 1114. Our normal working times, excluding bank holidays are: 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. We will arrange for an engineer or appointed contractor, to inspect and repair, or where in our opinion repair is not economic, arrange to replace the boiler.
Engineers will only attend to boiler products where it is considered by the engineer that the installation does not pose a risk to health and safety. A permanently-fixed access ladder must service installations in lofts or attics, and adequate lighting and permanently fixed flooring must be available. Cupboard installations must provide minimum working clearances as detailed in the installation instructions. Sime will not accept responsibility for the removal of cupboards, kitchen units or trims in order to gain access for repairs.
- The warranty does not apply:
- if the boiler is removed from its place of installation without our prior consent;
- to any defect, damage or breakdown caused by inadequate servicing of the boiler or by deliberate action, accident, misuse or third-party interference including modification or an attempted repair which does not fully comply with industry standards to any defect, damage or breakdown caused by the design, installation and maintenance of the central heating system;
- to de-scaling or other work required as a result of hard water scale deposits or from damage caused by aggressive water or sludge resulting from corrosion. Indications that such work may be required include a noisy boiler, cold spots on radiators, sludge in pipes and poor circulation of the central heating system;
- normal wear of materials by use (e.g. electrodes, water pump damages caused by aggressive water or sludge);
- if the claim/contact procedure set out in section six, is not adhered to;
- to any other costs or expenses caused by or arising as a result of the breakdown of a Sime boiler;
- to any defect resulting from the incorrect installation of the boiler, the flue system or the facility for condensate disposal;
- to any costs incurred during delays in fixing reported faults;
- We reserve the right to charge a callout fee where:
- there is no completed “Benchmark” commissioning checklist or service record or equivalent control document present;
- a fault cannot be found;
- the breakdown or fault has been caused by an event, which is excluded from the warranty – refer to section seven;
- you fail to cancel an agreed appointment prior to our engineer’s visit, which results in a wasted journey;
- the boiler is outside the period of warranty or the conditions of the warranty have not been met – refer to sections two, three and four;
- if we fit replacement parts or replace a boiler it will not extend the period of the warranty. All replaced parts or boilers will become the property of Sime Ltd;
- the warranty applies only where a Sime boiler has been installed in a domestic dwelling in mainland United Kingdom, Northern Ireland and I.O.W. to provide heat and/or hot water to the central heating system;
- our Sime Domestic Boiler Warranty upgrade is offered in addition to the rights provided to a consumer by law. Details of these rights can be obtained from a Trading Standards Authority or a Citizens Advice Bureau;
Guarantor: Sime Ltd 1A Blue Ridge Park, Thunderhead Ridge, Glasshoughton, Castleford.